Taboo question - Taking “ ———-“ onboard when flying /Help ???

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

I've never had an issue with taking anything on board a plane, and I'm talking powders, pills, you name it. Anything aside from weed of course because that's too obvious.

The point being is they don't have the time or the resources to be fucking with everyone's bags looking for suspicious things and TBH they're only really looking to bust people trying to smuggle gigantic amounts of shit onto a plane to begin with and they're not going to shove it in their carry on bags in the first place, lol.

Pretty much any personal stash or full prescription looking stash you bring on a place is going to be just fine.

I've taken various types of pills on planes many, many times and have never had a problem, and wouldn't be worried about having one. If they're not prescribed to you, just put them in a bottle of something over the counter, or another prescription bottle. Just to be safe, I would recommend emptying everything out of the bottle you choose to use, so you don't have two different types of medications floating around in one bottle (most likely no one would notice or care, but just incase).

When I was younger, I actually would put weed in the suitcase that I would check at the airport, and never got caught. I did it like 5 times. I've also taken different... powders... on planes a couple of times too. I would NOT do any of these things again, it's just NOT worth the risk because I'm assuming in the unlikely chance you were caught the charges would be pretty severe.

One general suggestion -- I now always keep pills in my carry on bag. There's been lots of problems in the past year or two with lost luggage due to airlines being so short staffed. You don't want to risk not being able to get the medication you need, especially not when you're on vacation or far from home.

Glad I found this thread - I have a trip to Mexico coming up in a couple weeks and these things are going thru my mind. Plus how to get my edibles down there without them melting in transit

Anyone have an ideas to get edibles on the plane? I usually take 1 at night to help sleep so I would bring 1 bar @ 500 mg with me on a trip south of the border this week? I am concerned the chocolate will melt in my carry on and I would prefer not to check it in case it melted in my suitcase? If anyone has any ideas please let me know or my dm's are open. I am not so much worried that I would get caught by TSA or mex immigration than I am with getting to the hotel and finding the bar melted useless to me. They are vac. sealed so I don't think it would give off much of an order until I opened the package

Anyone have an ideas to get edibles on the plane? I usually take 1 at night to help sleep so I would bring 1 bar @ 500 mg with me on a trip south of the border this week? I am concerned the chocolate will melt in my carry on and I would prefer not to check it in case it melted in my suitcase? If anyone has any ideas please let me know or my dm's are open. I am not so much worried that I would get caught by TSA or mex immigration than I am with getting to the hotel and finding the bar melted useless to me. They are vac. sealed so I don't think it would give off much of an order until I opened the package
Do you live in a warm climate? I've never had issues with chocolate melting in my carry on. You could refrigerate your chocolates until you're ready to leave, and then after you're through airport security, buy a cold drink and put it next to your chocolates in your bag to help keep them cool.

Do you live in a warm climate? I've never had issues with chocolate melting in my carry on. You could refrigerate your chocolates until you're ready to leave, and then after you're through airport security, buy a cold drink and put it next to your chocolates in your bag to help keep them cool.
not at the moment, I was more concerned about arriving in Mexico with them in my carry on and the hour long ride to the resort. I like the cold drink idea, thanks for the suggestion. Frezing them before is not a problem. I have stocked up on gummies just in case

not at the moment, I was more concerned about arriving in Mexico with them in my carry on and the hour long ride to the resort. I like the cold drink idea, thanks for the suggestion. Frezing them before is not a problem. I have stocked up on gummies just in case

Technically you could also bring an ice pack with you, but it has to be completely frozen when you go through airport security. If it's started to melt, they'll call it a liquid and it will be subject to the liquids rule.

Technically you could also bring an ice pack with you, but it has to be completely frozen when you go through airport security. If it's started to melt, they'll call it a liquid and it will be subject to the liquids rule.
Yes that was my first thought but I read that could happen. I was able to get a good supply of gummies and some look exactly like the ones I take for sleep with melatonin, zzzzyy or something like that. I will keep them wrapped air tight and put them in the same container so it shouldn't be an issue.

I agree to keep them on you. In your purse and not your baggage. I have flown in and out of the country. In Miami, our bags were not searched, they were ransacked. They stole quite a few items out of our bags. I was so upset as I had carefully packed my makeup in a tupperware container, they just dumped it out in my suitcase. I had all my favorite cute beach dresses in there, and I was steaming mad. My husband lost a pair of headphones, and expensive cologne. We filed a case and never got any resolution. So keep that stuff on you for the fact you don't want it stolen. I just always put in a rx bottle and I have never had any issues though I always try to fly with my rx scripts they have never stopped them and looked at them in any way.

I tell people not to worry about this at all. I put everything in one pharmacy bottle and I've never had a problem. I fly quite often. If you're SUPER scared, I know you can ship packages to your hotel usually and they will hold that for you for a few days. I've had friends ship, well, "sketchier" drugs that way. Hotel doesn't care. They receive boatloads of stuff for conventions, events, etc. they just hand it over to you when you arrive.

after getting all worked up about my trip I really had no issues transporting the things I was most worried about. Unless you are bring very large qty's I would not be concerned about it

Just throwing in my experience as well...I have never had an issue with anything. I just make sure everything is on my carry on, so it does not get lost. I also use a day of the week container as well, but mostly for my convenience at the trip destination...so I know whats what, and not have to sift through everything.

I'm skeptical of anything with thc, or any large quantities. That said if it's just pills, regardless of what I'm bringing I always consolidate everything into one bottle to save space, and bring random travel meds like allergy, and diarrhea meds.

Never had any issues, just one bottle with like 12 different meds in it.

I'm skeptical of anything with thc, or any large quantities. That said if it's just pills, regardless of what I'm bringing I always consolidate everything into one bottle to save space, and bring random travel meds like allergy, and diarrhea meds.

Never had any issues, just one bottle with like 12 different meds in it.
I remember my friend from the Czech Republic coming to the U.S. Dude put two enormous branches of like literal marijuana trees stashed into his socks. Just threw that into his luggage, sent it over. Didn't even bat an eye. Didn't get caught. That still sounds insane to me, so even with that anecdote, I'd still agree with your advice and be skeptical 😂

Taking (a reasonable amount of) pills seems to be pretty low risk in my experience, especially if they look like off the shelf medication you can mix them in the off the shelf medication bottle. At least all of the places I have travelled (domestic US, Europe, Asia) I don't have any experience beyond pills though, that seems a bit sketchy

I would do like I do on roadtrips overnite or few days. Put one weeks pills in daily organizer.Never had a cop question that.They looking for illegal and loose pills in plain view.

Just last week I travelled from the UK to Spain for a weeks holiday,I usually go overseas on holiday 3 times a year and I ALLWAYS have a problem with my PX Methadone as it’s over the amount for carry on liquid.I always end up splitting my medication into two bottles and put half it in my suitcase and the other half in my companion’s suitcase.It’s always a really anxious time waiting to collect my luggage at the reclaim area hoping both come though so that’s why I split it (just incase) one doesn’t make it?.I do have a letter from my cpn prescriber with all the details of how much and for how long I’m away.
I’ve been to the states and was quite frightened going through JFK with the police and they’re riffles,same with mexico.The ONLY time I was REALLY anxious was when I vacationed in Dubai even though I was down to a small amount of suboxone less than 1mg a day so only had 7 2mg pills in my wash bag.If I had been stopped there I could’ve meant jail for me but my family were expecting me there and I just couldn’t let them down!.So even with the said letter of authority I was terribly shaken going through customs and I only calmed down once I was in the back of a taxi heading to my relatives home 🥺😳.Now I make sure I only ever travel to countries where there are no issues taking drugs into the places😉.
Deanzer….

@Irwin1005. Agree with your experience
we recently went to Mexico ..We each had those weekly pill containers…I had them both in my carryon also afraid of theft etc if packed In checked luggage
nothing labeled, no bottles with script data, etc
I did have some Fioricet but I kept that in the labeled bottle
no one ever checked
we did use TSA pre check.

Unless you're traveling with hundreds of pills all the same kind nobody has them examined unless you're caught smuggling something else obviously illegal and after you're arrested and taken away in handcuffs maybe then they'll see if they can add any more charges by looking at your medicines. After you've been arrested.

Just be reasonable and have them in an OTC drug or vitamin bottle. Unless it's an obvious controlled substance I'd probably not take a pharmacy bottle. Well, if it's an unscheduled Rx drug and you run out, a pharmacy bottle could be your Rx in Mexico tourist destinations.

Back
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks