What's Your Damage?

Recommended Pharmacies on Pharmacy Reviewer

I had arthritis in the knees and had double knee replacement surgery. I was great for a year and then it was painful to walk again. I was diagnosed with sacroiliac joint disorder. Apparently knee surgery can make your legs uneven lengths. As Roseanne Rosanna Dana said, "It's alwaays something."
I’m most likely to get at least 1knee replaced if not 2?.The effects of being a floorlayer all my life 🤷‍♂️?.
Deanzer….

Hello my dear sweet friends & thanks for your prayers and encouragement..Which is something that I can really use these days. I’m ok for the most part it’s just that each step as I go along is a new side effect to deal with. Sorry for complaining about this though, It could always be worse.

The radiation is done with but I’m not sure when I have the testing done yet to determine how it did for me. On 10/12 I had the Infusaport Implant done and I also got my first treatments done. I will be having 2 treatments every 3 weeks from now on, I believe.

The 2 treatments I will have are Keytruda injection. &. Something called Zometa-Zoldronic Acid injection (cancer). So I guess I have a form of chemotherapy that goes along with the Keytruda treatment.

Sorry about confusing you.

They both go together in a IV through the port and seem to take about a half hour.
Maybe less with the port. Last week for my first treatment they did the treatment using the IV since the port wasn’t put in place yet. The treatment sucks for me so far I’m getting sideffects. I have to take a lot of Imodium to help me out and I feel bad for being so weak and tired but I’m fighting it best I can.

Next treatment will be 10/31. & they’re using the port this time. The port is still hurting some but I guess it’s not unusual.

So that’s pretty much it so far. I will get back to you with what’s going on with my son moving from Colorado as soon as I can. Everything seems to exhaust me lately. So anything I missed I will get to when things simmer down.

How I imagined that I would be able to garden & clean & stuff is way beyond me lol
Just hoping that things get better and easier as I go along. I’m determined to try my best.

Once again I am thankful & appreciate your support. Love to all my dear friends!!

@Binky, the side effects will get better. Your body is still recovering from the radiation (which kills good cells along with the cancer cells) and is now being hit hard by these 2 strong drugs in your infusion.

At every turn please ask your docs for prescription solutions for side effect management. I would think that some prescription drugs could help you better, for example -- nausea and the runs.

I hope you have some of your family members around to help you. Your only responsiblity now is to get through this really rough period.

xoxo

Last edited:
@Binky I just wanted to say hi. My mom has triple negative breast cancer (edge case of maybe stage 1, maybe stage 2). I take her to her infusion treatments every week. She's getting Keytruda too. I don't remember if she's also getting Zometa-Zoldronic Acid, but Zometa sounds familiar. She's getting a mix of 5 or 6 different drugs (some are for nausea and other side effect management, then there's the chemotherapy and immunotherapy).

Even though I am able to be there with my mom through a lot of this, I still have no idea what it's really like for her. Having community online or in person helps, but I've also heard it said that it can be paradoxically isolating. Even if it's a group of people with cancer, each person's cancer, treatment, and their overall experience will be different, so it can still be a lonely journey. I just want to acknowledge that.

P.S. If your port is hurting, tell them! It may not be in there just right. It's not as scary as it sounds. It's easy to adjust, and you don't need to anesthetized. If they give you any treatment with it not being in place, it will hurt more and even worse - the meds aren't going into the right part of your body (they are somewhat, but not entirely). That is a very simplified layman's explanation that could probably most definitely be explained much better by a healthcare professional. :)

A few weeks ago, my mom accidentally knocked her port a little bit out of place, just by making some arm movement when she was getting paper towels to dry her hands. This was at the hospital, during an infusion treatment. When she came back from the bathroom, she mentioned it was hurting, and I told her to please press the nurse call button. She didn't want to at first, but after about five minutes she did. They stopped the infusion, and it took them about an hour to fix it, but that was only because they had to get the nurse practitioner to check and double-check everything before continuing the infusion. They basically just kind of wiggled it back in? Ugh, sounds unpleasant. But my mom said it wasn't too bad.

Now -- all of that being said, if you recently had your port placed (in the last week or maybe two weeks), then the pain there is likely normal because you're still healing from the port placement surgery. Either way, if it's still hurting the next time you go in, tell them right away so they can assess if it is abnormal pain or expected from the healing. Or, email them through your healthcare portal if you don't want to wait until the next infusion. My mom mentioned to me that the pain from the port placement went away after about two weeks, but it still feels "weird." Not painful, just weird.

Last edited:
@Binky, the side effects will get better. Your body is still recovering from the radiation (which kills good cells along with the cancer cells) and is now being hit hard by these 2 strong drugs in your infusion.

At every turn please ask your docs for prescription solutions for side effect management. I would think that some prescription drugs could help you better, for example -- nausea and the runs.

I hope you have some of your family members around to help you. Your only responsiblity now is to get through this really rough period.

xoxo
Hi friends, Hi @Blackbird123 & thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I took your advice to ask for prescription for the side effects and I am on prescription Imodium, And I have my sister and her family who have been very helpful to me.

Right now though I can’t believe it but I’m in the hospital with Covid and high heart rate of 140 &. my oxygen levels are very low so I was admitted yesterday. I can’t believe this is happening. But now I’m just going to get through this hurdle & hopefully this will get better soon.

I hope I can go home soon. But I just wanted to let you know that I’m feeling a bit better already. My son’s are freaking out for sure.

Well I better get going since they will be here for testing & soon breakfast and my cell battery will die so gotta be careful about texting and calls.

Keep your fingers crossed for me to go home soon hopefully today if I am much improved. Thanks so very much for your help and support everyone. Hope you are all doing well and have a good day.

Binky

@Binky I just wanted to say hi. My mom has triple negative breast cancer (edge case of maybe stage 1, maybe stage 2). I take her to her infusion treatments every week. She's getting Keytruda too. I don't remember if she's also getting Zometa-Zoldronic Acid, but Zometa sounds familiar. She's getting a mix of 5 or 6 different drugs (some are for nausea and other side effect management, then there's the chemotherapy and immunotherapy).

Even though I am able to be there with my mom through a lot of this, I still have no idea what it's really like for her. Having community online or in person helps, but I've also heard it said that it can be paradoxically isolating. Even if it's a group of people with cancer, each person's cancer, treatment, and their overall experience will be different, so it can still be a lonely journey. I just want to acknowledge that.

P.S. If your port is hurting, tell them! It may not be in there just right. It's not as scary as it sounds. It's easy to adjust, and you don't need to anesthetized. If they give you any treatment with it not being in place, it will hurt more and even worse - the meds aren't going into the right part of your body (they are somewhat, but not entirely). That is a very simplified layman's explanation that could probably most definitely be explained much better by a healthcare professional. :)

A few weeks ago, my mom accidentally knocked her port a little bit out of place, just by making some arm movement when she was getting paper towels to dry her hands. This was at the hospital, during an infusion treatment. When she came back from the bathroom, she mentioned it was hurting, and I told her to please press the nurse call button. She didn't want to at first, but after about five minutes she did. They stopped the infusion, and it took them about an hour to fix it, but that was only because they had to get the nurse practitioner to check and double-check everything before continuing the infusion. They basically just kind of wiggled it back in? Ugh, sounds unpleasant. But my mom said it wasn't too bad.

Now -- all of that being said, if you recently had your port placed (in the last week or maybe two weeks), then the pain there is likely normal because you're still healing from the port placement surgery. Either way, if it's still hurting the next time you go in, tell them right away so they can assess if it is abnormal pain or expected from the healing. Or, email them through your healthcare portal if you don't want to wait until the next infusion. My mom mentioned to me that the pain from the port placement went away after about two weeks, but it still feels "weird." Not painful, just weird.
Hi @koobis Thanks for letting me know about your mom and all the best to her .
I appreciate your help…

xoxo
Hi friends, Hi @Blackbird123 & thanks to all for your help and suggestions. I took your advice to ask for prescription for the side effects and I am on prescription Imodium, And I have my sister and her family who have been very helpful to me.

Right now though I can’t believe it but I’m in the hospital with Covid and high heart rate of 140 &. my oxygen levels are very low so I was admitted yesterday. I can’t believe this is happening. But now I’m just going to get through this hurdle & hopefully this will get better soon.

I hope I can go home soon. But I just wanted to let you know that I’m feeling a bit better already. My son’s are freaking out for sure.

Well I better get going since they will be here for testing & soon breakfast and my cell battery will die so gotta be careful about texting and calls.

Keep your fingers crossed for me to go home soon hopefully today if I am much improved. Thanks so very much for your help and support everyone. Hope you are all doing well and have a good day.

Binky
I'm really sorry to hear that you're in the hospital with Covid, but I'm glad to know you're feeling a bit better. It's crucial to focus on your recovery now, and I hope you get to go home soon. Your family and all of us here are rooting for your speedy recovery. Take care! 🙏❤️

xoxo

Binky
Sending you my best wishes and prayers @Blackbird123 you have my sympathy being in hospital with covid🙏.Is it still the confined hospital stay or can you get visitors now?,if not I’m sure many here are thinking of you as I couldn’t think of anything else being basically locked away from loved ones/family
DEAN ✊

@Deanzer, fortunately for me, I do not have covid. It is our dear friend @Binky that has it - on top of fighting a lung cancer that has spread to her spine. We are all so worried for her.

I suspect various hospitals have various covid protocols but based on Binky's recent posts, it sounds as if her family is allowed to be with her. Thank God.

@Blackbird123
@Binky my thoughts and prayers are with you when you speak about the palliative care treatment your on explains the story of your illnesses😢.It’s a case of making you as pain free as they can giving you anything that will make you as comfortable as humanly possible.
If your in pain ANYWHERE tell them asap and I’m sure ANY doctor will endeavour to make you as comfortable as they possibly can.When the time comes I pray that your “passed” love ones come and lead you to the gates upstairs❤️.
Try and keep your chin up and I’m so glad your family will be there for you as I always think about those poor souls who passed away on they’re own when the situation with covid was rife😢.It must’ve been a terrible and lonely way to go by yourself knowing your loved ones would give they’re right arm to be there for you😥.
Your in my thoughts as it really puts things into perspective when so many people moan and shout about a stiff back or something easily treated!.You truly are a soldier who deserves the BEST treatment esp as I’ve not heard you moan once about your lot you find yourself in!.
Sending you love and peace🙏
Deanzer….

@Binky when you get a minute let us know how you are. Sending you strength and love.
Thanks to you @Blackbird123 &.those who have been praying and thinking of me with your kindness and support.

I am so sorry though that i have not been a very good friend to all of you by not answering your posts and PMs. I have been overwhelmed and stressed by billing/insurance issues all while feeling like I’m sicker than I can ever remember being . The worst thing though is the depression and anxiety I can’t seem to get over and deal with which after the Covid got really bad. The depression part makes it worse and makes it harder to deal with the cancer.

And the Covid thing is affecting my mental emotions. It’s weird because I’ve been losing my memory short term seems to be so please forgive me if I sometimes forget & then I may have to pick up where I left off.

Except for that I do feel better physically from the Covid. My breathing is not as good as before Covid so I’m wearing oxygen as much as possible and not much physical activity can be done. Which sucks but I really don’t think I can do any even though I want to….

The pain is still bad though and the doctor calls it cancer pain. I’m still getting the same medication mscontin ER 20mg 3xaday & also oxycodone 20mg for breakthrough cancer pain, MDD 8 a day. And now the doctor gives me Valium for my nerves which I do need.

Everything takes a lot of time to get done so for now I will be getting some things done so I will be back to continue with this ….. so thank you for reading this far and I will be back to hopefully finish.

Sorry for taking so long
Binky

OMG @Binky! I am so glad to hear from you. Thank God you survived covid on top of the cancer. I am so sorry you feel even worse. I swear when it rains, it pours. Dear friend we are here to support you and so please never apologize for taking a while to reply. You are dealing with alot.

Medical insurance companies are the worst. Makes the IRS look like Santa Claus.

I am leaving for a few days to go help my DD with her knee surgery. Not looking foward to any of it to be honest but must be done.

Thanks again for reaching out @Binky. Hang in there. As you said, one hurdle at a time.

xoxo

Hi friends. I must be quick but I’m back in the hospital now and I have a blood clot in my lung and I have a bad pneumonia in the lung that has the cancer. So I’m getting shots in my belly and then as I improve I will be on pills. No Covid or flu atm. Was supposed to start my chemo this past Monday but my oxygen was much too low and my heart rate was very high whenever I moved around, So I went to the emergency room instead and good thing I did.

I’m sorry for this being so short but I have to go for tests now. I will reach out to you again asap. Thanks to you all and good luck to @Blackbird123 and her DD too.Take care everyone and I will keep in touch as much as possible

Back
AdBlock Detected

Ad blocking browser plugins interfere with some features of this forum. For the best site experience please disable your ad blocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks